Monday, April 15, 2013

monday evening ramblings.

Things I learned today:

  • I still cannot look at pictures from my most recent trip to Honduras without crying.
  • God watches those who are faithful and blesses them with really quick Boston marathon finishing times that were nowhere near close to the time of the explosions. So thankful my adopted mom is okay!
  • Niffer's mexicali dip might just make Mondays completely better. 
  • No matter how hard I try, I'm just not going to clean my room tonight. 
  • I'm still getting married even if I skip a day of workouts.

I've been really, really beyond frustrated lately. People are getting to me. It's not necessarily things they are doing that directly affect me, it's more just like actions in general. People in general. The human race has to be such a disappointment to God. We think we're the biggest, when really we're the smallest. We think we're the most important, that our way is the only right way, and that we are invincible. We aren't. No one understands this. No one fully grasps it. We're a never-ending cycle of selfish beings...until He changes us.

Two of my best friends were married this weekend. Through the roller coaster of emotions that we all faced the past few days, happiness was the greatest (although exhaustion was a close second). This weekend restored my faith in humanity. It reminded me how important friendships are and that college friends are your family for the rest of your life. This weekend meant that today, I am exhausted, but my friends are happy and anything that happened Saturday was completely worth it.
Beautiful Sarah getting ready!
Bridesmaids' Luncheon
We did what the bride wanted...
Friends at the wedding!
The ceremony.
Trey, the picky eater.
First dance...
...last dance.
Best fiance in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment